Objectives of this Role
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inbound marketing methodology, and develop content to bring these strategies to life
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges in many categories of business, including multi-unit restaurant/retail, healthcare, aesthetics, banking and more
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop promotional thematics and think through the executional development across numerous deliverables
- Interpret briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Execute name generation for branding assignments, promotional campaigns and individual products
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Research and understand clients’ needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
- Write punchy, clever headlines for retail advertising and promotions
- Contribute to the overall agency creative product through social media, inbound content and other forms of agency promotion
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Multi-unit restaurant/retail/entertainment marketing experience
- B2B content marketing experience
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, HubSpot, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
About MindHandle & GatherRound
You know that feeling you get when you just can’t shake a great idea? It follows you around, clinging to your every thought. Carrying you through the day, filling you with curiosity and excitement. It begs, “Bring me to life, so I can work my magic and solve problems.”
This is a MindHandle. An idea that won’t let go. In a world of random acts of marketing, a MindHandle is an idea that will change the course of your business, your company, or at the very least, your day.
Some songs are earworms. Some books are page-turners. Some movies are nail-biters. And some ideas are MindHandles.
We’re a full-service marketing strategy agency fueling a return to the essence of storytelling. We create narratives that bring brands to life. And for teams who want to improve their idea sell-in rate, our GatherRound team teaches the Campfire Method for presentations. Our workshops deliver the tools to step up to better stories and move people toward ideas.
Want to work with us? Apply here: