Objectives of this Role
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inbound marketing methodology, and develop content to bring these strategies to life
- Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges in many categories of business, including multi-unit restaurant/retail, healthcare, aesthetics, banking and more
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop promotional thematics and think through the executional development across numerous deliverables
- Interpret briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Execute name generation for branding assignments, promotional campaigns and individual products
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Research and understand clients’ needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
- Write punchy, clever headlines for retail advertising and promotions
- Contribute to the overall agency creative product through social media, inbound content and other forms of agency promotion
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Multi-unit restaurant/retail/entertainment marketing experience
- B2B content marketing experience
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, HubSpot, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
About MindHandle & GatherRound
You know that feeling you get when you just can’t shake a great idea? It follows you around, clinging to your every thought. Carrying you through the day, filling you with curiosity and excitement. It begs, “Bring me to life, so I can work my magic and solve problems.”
This is a MindHandle. An idea that won’t let go. In a world of random acts of marketing, a MindHandle is an idea that will change the course of your business, your company, or at the very least, your day.
Some songs are earworms. Some books are page-turners. Some movies are nail-biters. And some ideas are MindHandles.
We’re a full-service marketing strategy agency fueling a return to the essence of storytelling. We create narratives that bring brands to life. And for teams who want to improve their idea sell-in rate, our GatherRound team teaches the Campfire Method for presentations. Our workshops deliver the tools to step up to better stories and move people toward ideas.